Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-04-2013 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber

Copy projection parameters to another face

Hi all,

I was searching for a function or hint on how to copy the projection parameters to another face. I mean:
I have textured a face, applied a planar mapping and resized it. Now I want to apply the same height and width of the projection to another face.

Is this possible? If yes, can I do this also for another face not in the same mesh?

Many thanks in advance.
user added image

# 2 26-04-2013 , 10:02 PM
The thin red line
Assign the same shader to the faces, I think this is what you are asking .................dave

# 3 27-04-2013 , 08:15 AM
Subscriber
Hi daverave,

Thank you for your reply. No, i don't mean the shader.
Imagine to have a cube. I have assigned a texture via shader to the top face. Then I apply a planar projection in Y to this face, I resize the projection until my requirements are met. After that I select the bottom face, and I assigned the same texture via the same shader as I used for the top face.
No I want to assign the same planar projection as the top face, with the same size dimensions and maybe also with the same rotation and all the other parameters that you can assign to a projection, instead of assign every parameter again to the bottom face.

# 4 27-04-2013 , 08:59 AM
The thin red line
Still not sure if this is what you want but here it goesuser added image. First I go to object mode select the cube then go to create UVs/automap setting then change the shell layout to overlap and scale mode to none hit apply, now go back to your cube in face mode select all the faces and apply your shader................dave

Attached Thumbnails