Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-03-2005 , 01:13 PM

Pixar Renderman for Maya unveiled

(Got this in an email from pixar)

RenderMan for Maya Unveiled

Thursday April 7th 2005 at 5.00pm.

Pixar is pleased to announce the worldwide launch event for RenderMan for Maya – a completely new rendering workflow for Maya artists aspiring to the highest levels of movie quality rendering available only through Pixar's award-winning RenderMan technology.

RenderMan for Maya is a completely new product, seamlessly integrated into Maya's unified rendering interface and offering unparalleled workflow productivity combined with RenderMan's advanced rendering tools - all at a price of only $995.

Targeted at Maya artists not requiring every feature in RenderMan Pro Server but who demand the same uncompromising levels of visual quality, RenderMan for Maya is currently scheduled for shipping in summer 2005.

Due to limited seating, attendees are encouraged to register as soon as possible for this special Pixar event to be held on Thursday April 7th at:

****** School of Visual Effects
1015 North Cahuenga
Hollywood, CA 90038
323-466-6663

Registration 5:00- 6:00PM
Meet & Greet 6:00- 7:00PM
Presentations 7:00- 10:00PM

Please RSVP by Wednesday April 6th to rsvprenderman@pixar.com including the following information:

Your Name
Company Name
Company Address
Phone Number

The Pixar RenderMan team looks forward to seeing you!

Copyright © Pixar Animation Studios

Pixar & RenderMan are registered trademarks of Pixar.

Maya is a registered trademark of Alias Systems Corp,

in the United States and/or other countries.

# 2 24-03-2005 , 06:36 PM
Holy crap! I messed around with Renderman-compliant renderers with "Maya integration" -- yea right, I had to rebuild every danged shader or texture in my entire scene to be RIB compliant... talked to a friend who worked with RAT and PRMan and aparently its exactly the same for the real deal too.

Maybe we just both are idiots and didn't see an easy way -- but regardless I hope this solves many issues.

Just for 1000$ too --

# 3 18-04-2006 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber

# 4 18-04-2006 , 08:45 PM
RMan is awesome- but its really challenging. I had a free one, a while back, but it wasnt PRman...

I am probably going to download the free trial, cuz RMan is awesome!

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 5 19-04-2006 , 08:03 PM
Does this also render paint effects hair & fur and such ?

# 6 19-04-2006 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber
it supports all of maya's features iirc