Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-04-2005 , 01:03 PM

[help] bump mapping

i've done it before, but can't get it now...

i've taken a source image of a brick wall, and made two versions, one color, one b+w for the bump map. i selected the color one for the color attribute, and the b+w for the bump mapping attribute. when i apply it all i can see is the color applied, but no bump.
it's a lambert applied to a nurb square, if that makes any difference. should i make two lamberts, one for color, one for bump or something?

if anyone knows what i'm doing wrong, or knows of a handy bump mapping tutorial i'd appreciate it. thanks.

# 2 28-04-2005 , 01:13 PM
nevermind i think i got it, if i render the view i can see the bump map. i could have sworn there's a way to do it so you can see it without rendering the view...

# 3 29-04-2005 , 06:13 AM
I think you can get the bump without rendering if you go to Shading>High quality renndering

From Noob to you...