Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-12-2005 , 07:01 PM

HDR Images

I could really use some help. This is probably a basic question, but I can't really find a clear answer.

I want to create an HDR image, but a regular jpeg is 8 bit, and HDR is a lot higher. How do you create an HDR image from a regular picture? Do you have to scan a picture at a large pixel rate?

I have HDR shop (just downloaded it yesterday) and I am having a heck of a time importing a picture because if you just import a regular jpeg it will only be 8 bit. I dont know how to scan one at a higher rate?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much guys!

# 2 05-12-2005 , 11:36 PM
I don´t know about hdri yet. but if it´s only about the bits why do not convert it to targa with 16/24/32 bit per pixel?

..this was of no help, right?

# 3 06-12-2005 , 09:50 AM
Have you got photoshop? think that might be able to convert it over for you

# 4 06-12-2005 , 01:57 PM
I do have photoshop, I didn't know you could convert it over. I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

# 5 19-12-2005 , 09:31 PM
thank you, ill try to remedy that problem, i did not realize it did that as the first time i just used basic colors. but then when i added custom textures they ended up missing and i was scratching my head.. i had assumed maya kept all the info it needed in the scene.

maya works
# 6 20-12-2005 , 07:14 PM