Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 31-12-2010 , 03:12 PM

no Rigid Bodies with Mental Ray batch

Hello there,

after searching for help for 3 days now i hope that somebody can help me here user added image

my Problem:

set up a scene with shattering Glass panes
shattered and animated them with ruins 3.1
everything’s fine with mentalray and rendering out of viewport (render current frame)
BUT
when i try to batch render it, the animations don’t show up
i tried to bake all the rigid bodies over the whole animation with the bake-function of the ruins-plug-in as well as with the maya bake-option.
none of those worked;
i disabled the two options under mental ray render settings: Optimize Non-animated Display Visibility and Optimize Animation Detection
none of those worked;

I would be really glad if anybody could help me, cause deadline is approaching :/
however please tell me if u need further information

i’m running maya2011 64bit with ruins 3.1 64bit

regards
pherax

# 2 31-12-2010 , 03:16 PM
SM Tea Boy
It renders out fine if you just render one frame?

I've had problems with the batch render before due to plugin conflicts. can you post the batch render log. Also if you like, send me the scene file I can try a quick test on my machine see if i get the same problem. admin@simplymaya.com (if you want to send the scene)

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 31-12-2010 , 03:26 PM
thanks for the quick reply!

but now i have another problem in addition to the old one -.-

now mental ray doesn't want to render the scene at all with batch render...

here is the render log:

Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\bin\mayabatch.exe"
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ruinsSolver1'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ruinsBombField1'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayItemsList'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayGlobals'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultOptions'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultFramebuffer'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'miContourPreset'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'Draft'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'DraftMotionBlur'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'DraftRapidMotion'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'Preview'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewMotionblur'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewRapidMotion'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewCaustics'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewGlobalIllum'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewFinalGather'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'Production'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ProductionMotionblur'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ProductionRapidMotion'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ProductionFineTrace'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ProductionRapidFur'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ProductionRapidHair'; preserving node information during this session.
File read in 2 seconds.
Result: D:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/user/Eigene Dateien/maya/projects/Shatter/scenes/00_rigid_Anim_workin__4520.mb
Error: The renderer mentalRay is not registered yet.
Error: Scene D:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/user/Eigene Dateien/maya/projects/Shatter/scenes/00_rigid_Anim_workin__4520.mb failed to render.

// Maya exited with status 210

don't understand why this happens now, cause yesterday it rendered...at least not what i wanted but hey :-/

# 4 31-12-2010 , 03:38 PM
SM Tea Boy
Error: The renderer mentalRay is not registered yet.

This line suggests the mental ray plugin is not loaded. try unloading the MR plugin and reloading it. BTW do you by any chance have the vue plugin installed?

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 31-12-2010 , 03:57 PM
ok the render is working again thanks for the hint user added image

but:
it still does the render without the animated objects, or better to say without the animation.

for better imagination look at the two links below:

batch render: https://www6.pic-upload.de/31.12.10/gdq3ii8dn1f.jpg

viewport render(render current frame): https://www6.pic-upload.de/31.12.10/9a695sxl3yvs.jpg

it's not the same frame but only 1 in difference cause i didn't manage to hit the same frame in playback ~.~

hope this helps user added image

i checked my plug-ins, there is nothing called vue, the only plug-in i manually installed was ruins

# 6 31-12-2010 , 04:07 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 7 31-12-2010 , 04:11 PM
thanks, tryin tight now...

didn't work user added image

somehow it seems that batch render doesn't calculate the animations before rendering.

when i render out of the viewport i can't just scroll to the frame i want, but need to do a playback until the frame i want to render. Although i baked the animation for all my rigid bodies i'm not able to scroll

Last edited by pherax; 31-12-2010 at 04:25 PM.
# 8 01-01-2011 , 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
You might need to bake the simulation out to keys.

Yikes didn't read the last sentence there sorry user added image

- Genny

Last edited by GecT; 01-01-2011 at 05:46 PM.
# 9 02-01-2011 , 06:14 PM
hey there,

i finally managed to figure out what was goin wrong...

i gave it a new try to bake the animation with maya's own option, so i took one rigid body grp after the other (important here is to select every single debris), then pick option in bake options "out of channelbox" or similar, select attributes which change and bake the animation.
After that u just have to disconnect all the rigid bodies from the objects, in my case with ruins' own option "disconnect rigid bodies".

and that's it
made me kinda rage but hey user added image

cu soon

# 10 02-01-2011 , 06:21 PM
Hi pherax,

Good that you sorted out the problem but was your memory cache enabled under solvers.
Just curious to know.

Mahesh

# 11 23-03-2011 , 11:35 AM
wings
will you please help me on finding RUINS 32bit version for maya 2011.