Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-11-2005 , 12:24 PM

Really dumb question

How do i make two vertices one?

The thing I want to do is make half a sphere and a cylinder to one poly mesh.

# 2 24-11-2005 , 12:39 PM
get the move tool and go on one vertice and then drag it to the one you want it to merge to whilst holding down either v or c, cant rmember, and it will snap to the vertice.
then you must merge them, highlight them both and go into polygons and click merge

# 3 24-11-2005 , 12:41 PM
v snaps to vertex; c snaps to curve

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 24-11-2005 , 12:42 PM

Originally posted by clopper
get the move tool and go on one vertice and then drag it to the one you want it to merge to whilst holding down either v or c, cant rmember, and it will snap to the vertice.
then you must merge them, highlight them both and go into polygons and click merge

The problem is that i cant find the merge thing.

# 5 30-11-2005 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber
Make sure you have the "modeling" menu enabled, and drop down the "Edit Polygons" menu, and it should be right there.

-DX-