Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 06-06-2011 , 10:33 AM
Subscriber
haven't seen rango, but the last movie i saw Coraline just the other night. I've never seen a trailer for it before, never heard anything about it, fully did not know what to expect...

it's SO DAMN AMAZING!!
I can't get over how brilliant the film is!
it's so creepy but just presented sooooo beautifully!
i feel as if something in my life has become more complete

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 32 06-06-2011 , 12:24 PM
Subscriber
I made an effort to get through the Pirates of the Caribbean boxset last weekend. Was actually slightly disappointed on the whole. Though I liked the story of the first, which was probably overall the one I enjoyed most, the stand out part of all three was the sequence in the last one where you first see Johnny Depp on that Island....when it seems like a dream sequence at first, and all the crabs come up and take the ship away...from that point on there was some quite impressive parts....like when they work out that they need to roll the ship upside down and the battle scene in the giant whirlpool.

# 33 06-06-2011 , 12:26 PM
SM Tea Boy
Last movie I saw was Cedar Rapids highly recommended!

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 34 07-06-2011 , 08:42 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Just watched from Nada to Prada with the wife.........I daydreamed through the whole movie, since it was movie night I couldnt duck this movie

# 35 07-06-2011 , 09:35 PM
Subscriber
was it that boring huh?

saw xmen first class yesterday night, it was pretty cool. I like character development, i know everyone else hates it, but i like it.
i did hate the people behind us talking and letting their phones go off though...

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 36 07-06-2011 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber

was it that boring huh?

saw xmen first class yesterday night, it was pretty cool. I like character development, i know everyone else hates it, but i like it.
i did hate the people behind us talking and letting their phones go off though...

ha ha..........

# 37 26-06-2011 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
just watched cloudy with a chance of meatballs
it was halarious!
i wish people were capable of such exaggerated facial expressions as you see in animations... the world would be a much more funny place

# 38 26-06-2011 , 12:26 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 39 27-06-2011 , 07:13 AM
Subscriber
The Social Network, which was pretty interesting.

# 40 27-06-2011 , 08:54 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ahh yeah True Grit was a brilliant film, even for a remake. Jeff Bridges as Cogburn was great. Also saw Astroboy which was good, and also RED, which was brilliant, I didnt expect half the stuff in it, and John Malkovich was just awsome an absolute nutcase, and you gotta love his pig- funny movie I recommend it.

J

# 41 27-06-2011 , 09:12 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I dare say that the remake of True Grit was better than the original movie and I liked the little interactions between Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges

# 42 17-09-2011 , 02:34 AM
Last Movie I watched was The Nimo..
I am crazy about that movie.. If you never ever watch its part I Then must watch it, Such a entertained and Really informative movie.

# 43 17-09-2011 , 04:05 AM
Technical Director
Just finished watching Rango. Nice movie.

At university, we have a Netflix subscription, so we're slowly going through it user added image The last one we watched there was "Repo: A Genetic Opera." This movie completely defies description. At the end, you wonder what you just watched. I still have no idea user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 17-09-2011 at 04:31 AM.
# 44 17-09-2011 , 05:09 AM
Megamind and I have watched it like 5 times in the last 3 days.

I don't know why but it cheers me up and every time I watch it I see a dozen new things in the background.

I like the idea of the underdog who's real super power is that he just won't give up.

The music was good too. I like the villian always making these big theatrical entrances.

I would have given the Oscar to the Minion's over melodramatic fake death scene - It's getting warm and cold and light and dark, ack, cough, ack, ack, death roll.

and I want a "forget me stick".

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 17-09-2011 at 05:39 AM.
# 45 17-09-2011 , 05:51 AM
Lifetime Member
Last movie I watched was Red Dog....good Aussie film and a true story. Shows what it was like in the 70's in the same places I work...we are more civilised but the men are the same LOL. All the places you see in the film I have either worked at or been to in Dampier.

cheers bullet

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803061/

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes