Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-03-2011 , 04:44 AM
Subscriber

Help with Texture Bump Maps

Greetings:
Thank you to anyone who can help me, at this point this has been difficult to troubleshoot.

I converted a Poser type character Model into FBX and imported it into Maya 2010. Did the usual repointing of the texture color and bump maps to the right folder in Attribute Editor and lowered the Bump Map Depth down to about 0.1. Had to go into many texture nodes in the Hypershade to setup all these. When we render the crocodile, the bump map seems to cover up the color map on the back of his skin, his belly seems to be fine.

Please go to the following page to download the Maya Model:

https://musicq.biz/maya/

Any details on how to fix the texture is greatly appreciated.

Robert

Attached Images
# 2 12-03-2011 , 09:56 AM
The thin red line
Hi Rockit
You only need one shader for this, I used a blinn, set the bump value to .05 also I linked up the bump map to the specular colour in the second shot(quick fix for spec normaly would make a different texture in photoshop), hope this helps...........dave

Nice little model

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by daverave; 12-03-2011 at 10:15 AM.
# 3 12-03-2011 , 10:42 PM
Super Moderator
As Dave said, you should get rid of all those shaders with those dozen or more duplicate 4k textures. All they're going to do is needlessly slam your viewport performance.

- Genny
# 4 13-03-2011 , 11:38 AM
Subscriber
Oh, thank you so much. Yeah, when it imports in there it defaults to the dozens of shaders, I think it breaks it up for the eyeballs, the tongue, the gums, the back, the belly, etc.

Can you walk me through how you set that up?
Wondering if the UV's still map properly with a whole new blinn shader?
Did you pipe the color to Map D and the bump to Map B and just use the one Blinn?
Should I delete all the old shaders?
Thanks again.

# 5 13-03-2011 , 03:50 PM
The thin red line
Just create a new blinn the delete the old ones, UVs are not stored in the shaders so will be ok to delete them, there are a lot of ways you can do the connections just look at the link for the normal way.........dave
https://www.imanishi.com/mayablog_en/...-eyeballs.html

# 6 14-03-2011 , 05:30 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, and thanks for the eyeball tutorial, better than a ramp shader