Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-08-2006 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber

edge highlights....

I have downloaded the house interior tutorials and I notice that my objects don't match those on the screen. notably when I delete faces and want to merge verticies.. the edges are not "thick" of "highlighted" as they are in the videos. is there a setting I do not have turned on??? this would really help since now I am merging verticies and with out the highlights it makes it difficult to know whether the merge verticies command was implimented.

thanks in advance,

emc2673

# 2 07-08-2006 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
go to custom polygon display and click on the border edges button, set the edge width to what ever you like , I have mine set at 5

# 3 08-08-2006 , 02:22 AM
do you have to press "custom polygon display" with every new scene? when i click apply and close, and make a new scene it resets to regular thickness..

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com

Last edited by Joopson; 08-08-2006 at 02:27 AM.
# 4 08-08-2006 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
well there might be a way but i have never found it ...I just go into the settings and go to top and edit and save settings. Then when i start a new scene first thing i do is go to display and just click on custom poly and then start modeling ...

I actually have it on a shortcut key