Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-10-2007 , 01:13 AM

Why won't fur render?

I've googled this, and it 's happened to several people, though noone has posted why.

First tried fur a few months back when I first got maya and it worked then. It's set in the fur globals to be rendered, though nothing appears in the scene.

Anyone else had this and know how to fix?

Thanks,

gubar.

Edit, just tried hair, same story.

Last edited by gubar; 07-10-2007 at 01:22 AM.
# 2 07-10-2007 , 01:20 AM
Are you working with Maya 7.0? May Fur is very unstable in 7.0. Is this for an animation or a still frame? I had the same problem when my geometry would move, the fur would disappear. Alias never corrected this problem in 7.0. I believe the fur engine in Maya 8.0 is much better because its copy off of 3Dmax's fur plugin.