Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-03-2008 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber

Rendering Issues

Im having a hard time rendering my scene. Only one object (a spaceship) in the scene shows up in my IPR window. The terrain and sky I have in my scene do not show up.

I added some lights, and everything is well illuminated when I press seven on my keyboard. Still only the space ship shows up. I batch rendered the scene, and only the spaceship showed up in my final movie.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can solve this problem?

# 2 05-03-2008 , 04:18 AM
Subscriber
I forgot to mention a few details

I am running Maya 8.5
comp specs:

Macbook pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.2 GHz, 4GB ram, GeForce 8600M GT VRAM 128

To sum up my problem: I imported a spaceship into my scene, and now the only thing that is being rendered is the spaceship.

# 3 05-03-2008 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber
How did you make the terrain/sky and how have you textured/shaded it? as you may be using the wrong renderer for the job.

Chris

# 4 05-03-2008 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the reply

I made the terrain by using a polygon plane and the paint selectable tool. I added a fractal texture to it. The sky is made from a nurbs sphere, and paint fx. I cannot render these two items.

The ship that I imported is made out of polygon objects with a blinn material, and some glow effects. It renders just fine. I don't think this makes a difference but I have my spaceship set on a motion path.

# 5 12-03-2008 , 06:26 PM
Subscriber
Okay everything in my scene has been rendered except for my paint fx. I am still having issues with it.

Anyone know reasons why paint fx cant be rendered?

# 6 13-03-2008 , 01:54 AM
i was having the same problem with the paint effects in my scene...i found out from another person on this site that if you are rendering using mental ray that the paint effects won't show up, the way around it is to use the render layers, and render out the different aspects of your scene.....
hope that makes sense.

kittens,
whitney

every tool is a weapon if you hold it right