Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-03-2004 , 01:57 AM

Exporting a OBJ file from Maya

Hi, I have created a nurbs sphere and tried saving it as a OBJ file. But when I try and import it back (just to test that I can do this) I get no error message, but when I look in the "outliner" I do not see any object. I have been successful with importing DFX and 3DS files. Thanks in advance.user added image

# 2 17-03-2004 , 01:36 PM
Hi,

What is the error? I've done it and don't have any problems...

Question how did you imported the 3DS files? you convert them first to OBJ right?

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 3 17-03-2004 , 07:49 PM
Hi, On the OBJ, I get no error, but I also do not see anything oject(s) in the outliner. When I've imported 3DS I used the plugin from Maya, and it works fine, though I did need to expand the far clipping range of the camera to find them (some objects) due to scaling issue with them. Also I made sure to have the OBJexport plugin loaded, and I exported just a NURBS sphere, and tried to import it back in, no luck same thing, is there a limitation to only being able to import polys and can not import NURBS? Thanks ver much for your time.

# 4 17-03-2004 , 08:36 PM
hmm

i think you have to convert the nurb into poly...

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....