SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Lighting & Rendering / How do I change the order in which objects are rendered?

Lighting & Rendering General Lighting, Camera & Rendering Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

29-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
GCarty

How do I change the order in which objects are rendered?
I am attempting to use Turtle for Maya to render environment maps for in-game use, but I am having problems with objects rendering in the wrong order, which causes decals (such as painted lines and skidmarks on a race track) to appear incorrectly. The materials are named in such a way (with prefixes such as L1_, L2_ etc) that it forces the game engine to render them in a specific order.

Is there any way to force Maya to render objects or materials in a specific order, as the game engine does?
05-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
GCarty

It seems like my rendering order problem has something to do with a few very large objects in the scene (deleting them fixes the problem with the render). Is the accuracy of Maya's z-buffer related to the size of the largest object in the scene?