Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-11-2007 , 02:11 PM

Maya backface selection problem.

Hi everyone, it is very simple question with big headache, I'm working in project with very complicated surface, alot of selecting and moving the vertex, but when I select front vertex or face's, the back faces or back vertex also gets selected,

Is that anyway to stop this function or any tool to turn off/on, I try backface culling doesn't help, nothing changed at all.

look at the image for more info

Attached Thumbnails

:bow:
# 2 08-11-2007 , 08:17 PM
Subscriber
I don't think there is, but you can always hold ctrl to deselect the backfaces quickly while still keeping the front faces selected.

Chris

# 3 09-11-2007 , 01:24 AM
sure you can. dont have maya in front of me right now, but it's under component display which will give you a list of options.

# 4 09-11-2007 , 03:26 AM
Subscriber
What I use is the Paint Selection Tool above the Move Tool on the left. If you set the selection on the object to faces and the adjust the size of your brush using CTRL D, or B not sure, to a size that will not cover areas you don't want it will only select the faces under the brush and not on the backside. Hope that helps.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).