Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-04-2011 , 05:56 PM

Rotation axis locked in perspective view

I've been using maya since 8.5 and there's a notorius bug that will probably be never addressed by maya developers. I just upgraded to 2012 and am getting this again:
// Warning: Could not find an appropriate startup camera: side. A substitute will be used.

I've read all the topics already that can be found out there, nothing helps. And i did all the preventive action: window size and position is not saved with file, i always go back to four view before saving, etc. Still no joy.

In fact the side camera is not missing, it's right there and fully functional. What happens as a consequence of this error is that one of the rotation axes in perspective view are locked, i can't rotate my scene around the Y axis.

It doesn't help either if i export my object and import it back into a fresh scene. Axis remains locked. I'm losing my scenes that i've put insane amount of work into. No hope to restore them.

Please if anyone have the faintest clue how to fix this he'll enjoy my undying gratitude. I'll send you a truck of beer or whatever. Pls don't give me links to old articles, none of them work, i've been googling for ages. I need a proven, working solution. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by shorg; 23-04-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: typo
# 2 23-04-2011 , 08:24 PM
Seems to be solved. All views must be set to default.