Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-11-2014 , 05:42 AM

Missing shadows on a particular frame

Hello,

Having a problem maybe some of might be able to help with if you've run into it before. We have a scene lit by the MR Sun and Sky system, and it only casts shadows up to a certain frame. When a certain group of referenced objects come into frame, it renders without shadows. Whenever we hide the group of the referenced object, the shadows return. But if I select all the pieces individually, and hide them, the shadows don't come back. I've tried importing the reference and ungrouping from the main group and that still didn't help. Rendering in the file we're referencing from gives good shadows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks user added image

# 2 05-11-2014 , 11:19 AM
The thin red line

Last edited by daverave; 05-11-2014 at 11:24 AM.