Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-04-2014 , 08:41 AM

How to install PyMel and Python scripts in Maya 2008?

Hello! Couldn't someone of the experienced people help me with installing Python in Maya ? I'm a noob in Maya and want to use some useful scripts but cannot run them, cause my Maya lacks something named Pymel core runtime.Recently I've found one nice script from here - https://sites.google.com/site/adamva...d-mesh-in-maya but couldn't run it and got the message "No Pymel core runtime". I found the big list of Pymels here, installed Python (first the newest version 3.4, then I found right 2.5.1). I tried three versions of pymel - - 0.9, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 at random but with no success. I did it after this Autodesk instruction here , through easy install for Windows, from the Start menu, but any installation of any PyMel breaks with the same error when it looks for something related to iPython -
user added image
What is this error and how to avoid it?
There in the documentations are several ways for manual installation of PyMel as a Python package, but I don't know Python (honestly, I have never dealt with it at all) and I don't know which is the best way to do it.
If someone have ever worked with PyMel and Python scripts in older versions of Maya (2008-2010), where it wasn't included inside, how did you install PyMel?