Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-02-2008 , 08:02 AM

Problem with moving vertices

I'm new in Maya and i bought a dvd video training but the tutor speaks of moving a vertice on the same height of an other vertice by selecting the vertice, click on the axe of the manipulator tool (one time) go to the other vertice hold down the w key and click with your middel mouse button. The the two vertices should be on the same height, but it won't work with me. I'm from Belgium and i use a azerty keyboard but i don't think thats the reason because a can select the move tool just by pressing the w key. Can someone help me and is it possible to switch from qwerty to azerty keyboard in Maya and final question is there a list on the internet with all the hotkeys and shortcuts in Maya. Thank you very much, Kurt

# 2 12-02-2008 , 08:39 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi, you selct the vertices you want move then click on the handle of the direction you want the vertices to move and the keys you need to hold down are the ctrl + V then middle mouse drag over the vertices you want to match the height of.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 12-02-2008 , 10:03 PM
Thanks for the answer, but it doesn't work. If i select the vertice and click on the handle of the manipulator tool in the correct direction and then i hold down the ctrl + v key notting happens. The program gives a warning below the working space about "error can't open file: something from the clipboard.
Please help

# 4 14-02-2008 , 12:28 AM
Thanks, it works