Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-12-2010 , 12:59 AM
SM Tea Boy

Introduce yourself - New members

Welcome to SimplyMaya if you've never posted before you might consider saying hello in here.

You don't need to be a Maya expert to use our forums we're a friendly bunch. I created SimplyMaya in part because it was intimidating to try and join the conversation on a lot of forums. Here we try and be a little different. We have a lot of people here from large studios and a lot of very seasoned Maya users but we try and leave the condescending attitude at the door user added image and while i believe there defiantly is such a thing as a stupid question, you wont get laughed out the door for asking it here.

So if your one of the many people that reads the forums but never posts. Say hello user added image

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 10-12-2010 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
One of the main reasons I post here is because of the nature of the people, they're all very nice. No one will talk down to you because you needed to ask a silly question.

# 3 15-12-2010 , 01:27 PM
SM Tea Boy
Might have to re-name this thread 'new members don't introduce yourself'

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 15-12-2010 , 01:50 PM
The Nurb Herd
why dont we start with old members...

hi, my name is dom. i'm from edinburgh. but have lived in london for the last ten years. i like a bit of 3D. user added image

# 5 15-12-2010 , 02:03 PM
SM Tea Boy

why dont we start with old members...

hi, my name is dom. i'm from edinburgh. but have lived in london for the last ten years. i like a bit of 3D. user added image

See now everyone else can feel free to post, we even let a Scotsman in user added image

Dave

# 6 15-12-2010 , 03:45 PM
Unser Joker
Ok,
my name is Sebastian I'm 15 (nearly 16) and from Germanyuser added image
I'm doing this 3d stuff for nearly a year and still learning new features of mayauser added image
Thats why I'm in this forum, the guys around her are very kind and don't call you "stupid" if you don't understand something.user added image

Mein Blog : https://eyegrafix.blogspot.com/
# 7 15-12-2010 , 06:04 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'm Stuart (but I usually use stwert), 24, from the wet coast of Canada.
I'm trying to get into scientific animation and post what I'm working on on my blog.
SimplyMaya is the best maya community on the interwebs.
That is all.user added image

# 8 15-12-2010 , 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

SimplyMaya is the best maya community on the interwebs.
That is all.user added image

user added image <--agreement smiliey. Oh yeah an introduction..

My name is Genevieve, I'm from Florida and me likey 3D too.

- Genny
# 9 15-12-2010 , 09:10 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Hi i'm Raphael and i'm from Nairobi, Kenya been doing 3d for about 5 years and just started a vfx company called Mirror More user added image

# 10 15-12-2010 , 09:16 PM
Lifetime Member
My name is Anthony

Im an Engineering Surveyor, I love learning 3D. Simply Maya has been a great site to get into Maya, no nasties and great bunch all round. I live in Perth, Western Australia. See even Aussies can get in here too, just like Scotsmen...LOL

cheers bullet (aka grumpy Adams)user added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 11 15-12-2010 , 09:42 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hola, mi nombre es Jay

Tengo 41 años y soy un modelador 3D profesional que actualmente trabaja como Senior Modeller en Windmill Lane VFX en Irlanda. También ayudo Simplemente Maya con este sitio web, así como tutoriales para grabar todo lo que la gente bonita de descargar, aprender y disfrutar con suerte!

I also speak Spanish

cheers
Jay

# 12 15-12-2010 , 11:58 PM
Okay hi all, I been looking at the site for three month now never said anything, Im 22 live in scotland. Been mucking about with maya and other 3D programs for about 2 years now.

# 13 16-12-2010 , 12:23 AM
The Nurb Herd
Welcome to the site sir. where in scotland are you? I heard rockstar were going or have gone and a couple of places in Dundee have closed. There must be loads of game artists out of work up there.

# 14 16-12-2010 , 12:41 AM
Hi all,

My name is Gavin, I'm 33, born and raised in London UK, and only started learning how to use a PC just over two years ago (sad I know) I've been a frequenter of SM for most of that time, love the site for all the reasons written previously, and without the help from some of its members wouldn't have learnt nearly as much as I have, cheers to all that have given me advice!

# 15 16-12-2010 , 02:17 AM
Acid44

I'm Stuart (but I usually use stwert), 24, from the wet coast of Canada.

I think all our coasts are wet man :p

---------------------------

Hai durr. I'm Acid. Better known as Acid, sometimes as Acid. I live in Toronto Canada, and I'm 18 (for another 7 days or so). I be the resident troll. Been doin' the Maya thing for about... 5 years now. Long time. I pretty much only do cars, well, I only show my cars, I've done a lot of other crap though.

That is all. G'day sirs. And madams too I suppose user added image