Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-12-2010 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber

Tron Legacy

so, opening night/morning here and i went to see it.

if i hadn't recently seen the original i probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.
the movie was actually really cool

although I don't know what an isomorphic algorithm is meant to even mean... maybe there's some biology orientated thing about it that i don't know about.

it was a pretty movie and the story was actually pretty cool although sad (well i felt sad at the end)

and this is one of the few movies i can think of where the music was actually awesome! normally the music in a movie just passes by me unnoticed but this soundtrack made me happy

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 15-12-2010 , 09:11 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I just watched the original so I could go and see it. I've heard of some bad reviews though so was having second thoughts (didn't actually read them, they can tend to spoil films a bit).

I might go after all now.

# 3 15-12-2010 , 09:15 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

so, opening night/morning here and i went to see it.

if i hadn't recently seen the original i probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.
the movie was actually really cool

although I don't know what an isomorphic algorithm is meant to even mean... maybe there's some biology orientated thing about it that i don't know about.

it was a pretty movie and the story was actually pretty cool although sad (well i felt sad at the end)

and this is one of the few movies i can think of where the music was actually awesome! normally the music in a movie just passes by me unnoticed but this soundtrack made me happy

hhmmmmmm didnt know it was a remake

# 4 15-12-2010 , 09:22 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Its not a remake....

# 5 15-12-2010 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber

I just watched the original so I could go and see it. I've heard of some bad reviews though so was having second thoughts (didn't actually read them, they can tend to spoil films a bit).

I might go after all now.

it's just as funny as the first too, with a few programmer jokes, and a dig at windows and mac
"so what's so different about this new OS?"
"its got a new number"

hhmmmmmm didnt know it was a remake

yeah, it's not a remake, it's a sequel and an awesome one at that

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 6 15-12-2010 , 09:55 PM
EduSciVis-er
There's nothing biological about isomorphic algorithm. It roughly means an algorithm with a similar structure... which doesn't really mean anything.

# 7 15-12-2010 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
yeah supposedly it would be that the algorithms are the same, but how is that a breakthrough?