Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 22-05-2003 , 09:22 PM
what really kind of got me was, when the motorcycle hit the guard tower in the beginning (and the end) where did all that fuel come from for such an enormous explosion? if you look at it, its just a guard tower... what, do they keep big containers of fuel or propane feed? lol. just thought that I would ask.. you say the special effects weren't that good... I disagree... I thought that the chase was crazy, and the ending of the chase with the two semi trucks was spectacular, and very intense... i was also not the only one in the theater who thought that to because every body started clapping when Link jumped up... yeah, they used some original matrix effects, like the bullets, but even so, I thought that the compositing turned out really well..... did you notice how long that last camera shot was for the chase on the highway? Tons of work must have gone into that, or how about the end with the trail behind Neo and the sonic Boom? Well.. all and all, there was allot of high action scenes, and although maybe not as ground breaking as the first, they still executed the effects decently, except for a few shots, (like a few in the Burly Brawl) also, don't forget, the original Matrix had plenty of compositing and animation errors as well Thanks!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 32 22-05-2003 , 09:45 PM
Subscriber
yes you are right brian. in part 1 the scenes that got help of cg was very obvios not real film. in part 2 there were probably not many scenes at all that did not include some sort of cg.

if i come to think about it - in part 2 there were not too many (if any) compositing errors visible. they must have done a good job hiding all the computer stuff. and the transition of real neo to cg-neo was great - wow. at least i believe there was sometimes a cg neo - but i could be wrong - maybe only his clothes were cg.

# 33 23-05-2003 , 12:09 AM

Originally posted by BabyDuck
the cg part of the movie was a bit disappointing. except the twins there was not really anything new which was not already there in the first part.

I thought the Twins themselves aren´t the cg highlight of the movie. I´d go more for the highway chase, Burly Brawl, and Neo´s Superman Thing.

in my opinion the bullet trails in matrix reloaded dont look as good no more.

I thought they looked the same. I wasn´t expecting much cg breakthrough work on them, -maybe some happy faces too imprinted in them?-

and zion? did they had not enough money to make it look nicer and more real? first time it appeared in the movie it looked like - "oh great, now they take a game and make a movie out of it".

Ouch. Again. Everyone´s entitled to their opinion. But mate, I really think you are underrating the work presented in the film.

you mean everything i said? that is a very constructive answer. if you disagree with me, would you care to tell your viewpoint?

Sorry if I came across as vague, but you did hit it spot on though. It´s almost everything you said.

i dont think that lack of quality or innovation can be made up by quantity.

Me neither, and thankfully I don´t believe that is the case with this movie.
By the way, love to see how you would handle the Burly brawl and tell me if you wouldn´t find it innovative afterwards.
I believe the vfx are what we´d say cutting edge, representing what probably next generation features will feast on. They had some flaws? Yes. I also saw fake Neo jumping and flying all around the place. Was it dissapointing? No. I wasn´t busy trying to pinpoint all flaws, I was busy enjoying the overall experience of it all.

especially the scene with neo and smith after the oracle was stretched way too long.

Hehehe, the way I see it the Burly brawl has to do with people´s psique.
I noted Neo could have started flying whenever he wanted to, so he could have just escaped the place and be done with. But the fact of seeing his ol nemesis, and having the chance to fight him took the best out of him, and so he did. -regardless of how many of them actually got there-
Now what does this have to do with people´s psique? Well after the movie I asked around -didn´t we all?- and I got a sense that the scene particularly had a diferrent effect on everyone. There was people who said it was short, others that it was too long ... and I came to the conclusion that it had to do with YOU pinning down with those Agent Smith´s. Would you fight all the way? Ask yourself this, and vey much probably you would have started flying earlier. Some others might respond: Nah. I would have stayed there, and fought a thousand of the f*cks.. Those very much probably thought of it as a short scene.

Brian got pretty much the gist of the remaining in his reply. user added image

Last edited by adldesigner; 23-05-2003 at 12:51 AM.
# 34 23-05-2003 , 01:59 AM
um... what to say to all that....

um... ok... YEAH!!! You tell them ADL!!!

hehehe.... anyhoo... gonna see it at least 2 more times this weekenduser added image

(I LOVE the NEB beauty shots alone!!)
...kinda more for my ARGUS reasearch, but I still think that this is one of my most favorite stories EVER.

I remember being BLOWN away back in 1999 with the Matrix, and SW EP1, Armageddon, etc....

thought, HOW is the film and VFX industry going to EVER top a year like that???

..trust me all... it's only a matter of time.... user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 35 23-05-2003 , 02:10 AM
Talking about Armageddon, am I the only one to think that the going to the center of the earth movie is just an imploded-armageddon spinnoff? Lol. It just felt like it.

I should go check to see if it´s a Jerry Bruckheimer production.

# 36 23-05-2003 , 02:24 AM
EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT! Also, (now I dont remeber what all they said in the trailer for that movie, so dont ask for specifics here) But wasn't it something about throwing off the core, and now the planets going to wobble off its axis and shoot into the sun. So they are goign to blow something up inside of it? What ever it was, I remember asking a few science teachers at my school to back up my opinion. NOT AT ALL POSIBLE. Crappy spin off with a plot that makes no sence to the stupid people, or to the scientists... Yeah... Wonderfull movie. I'll see it if they play it on TV in a couple years, only if they make Earth blow up, or fly into the Sun or something.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 37 23-05-2003 , 02:32 AM
It had something to do with this:
  • USA builds a machine that causes earthquakes as a weapon. So they use it against everything they can -still without finding Bin Laden- user added image
  • Machine actually kills off earth core. Core stops rotating or something.
  • Mayhem ensues as storms and other life threatening things -Izzy in panties- start to happen.
  • Ship is build to drive a crew straight through the surfaces to go the core and explote a hell of a big Nuclear payload -small comparable to the actuall forces present in our magma core, but you know Hollywood- to jump start the core AND ESCAPE ALIVE.
  • Matrix Revolutions Teaser is played yet again, much to the delight of rabid fans who just want their money back for such an experience.
user added image

# 38 23-05-2003 , 02:42 AM
HAHA! Yeah. The Earths core dosn't rotate. Rather it woks much like a Lava Lamp believe it or not. As the magma moves tward the crust, (because it is hot) it cools off. It then falls back down tward the true center, heating back up, and floating up again. The flows of the core have nothing to do anythign but the movment of the tectonic plates. This movie is a Zoligists nightmare.

(Zoligist being a studies of Plate Tectonics, rather than Zooligist, who studies animals, much in the same way as Biologist do.)

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 39 23-05-2003 , 03:12 AM

Re: MARTIX RELOADED - FULL DISCUSSION - SPOILER ALERT

Originally posted by Ultragames
The twins. They chase the Key Maker through a door. It is my understanding that were the doors opens to is dependant of what key is used. SO... How did the twins know what door was going to be opened. I say this, because they had a gun. They did not carry the gun with them. If the gun was in the SUV, then it must be theres, there for knowing where to park the car. How dose that work?

The way I see that particular sequence, it all started rather happy. Neo, Trin and Morpheus where about to meet a fella who goes by the name Merovigian. So far so good, so it´s reasonable to believe their car was in the building´s garage.

Then all hell cuts loose. So you see them fighting in a passageway if I remember correctly before the keymaker opens the garage door. They go out, and just before the door is closed by Morpheus one of the Twins keeps it open. So the door never does closes. -Neo isn´t here at this point, he´s busy stoping bullets in the building´s Hall-

Being it the garage of the building its reasonable to believe the Twins had their Cadillac ETS parked there. And being as dangerous as they were, it´s also reasonable to think that they would keep it loaded of guns and all sorts of contraptions designed to terminate life. user added image

Last edited by adldesigner; 23-05-2003 at 03:15 AM.
# 40 23-05-2003 , 03:24 AM

Re: Re: MARTIX RELOADED - FULL DISCUSSION - SPOILER ALERT

Originally posted by adldesigner
...it´s also reasonable to think that they would keep it loaded of guns and all sorts of contraptions designed to terminate life. user added image

Like pictures of my SEXY panties!!!! whoohoo!!

<Izzy struts>

GET IN MA BELLY!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 41 23-05-2003 , 03:56 AM
Ok, rage. Thats enough.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 42 23-05-2003 , 01:59 PM
user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 43 23-05-2003 , 03:28 PM

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
what really kind of got me was, when the motorcycle hit the guard tower in the beginning (and the end) where did all that fuel come from for such an enormous explosion? if you look at it, its just a guard tower... what, do they keep big containers of fuel or propane feed? lol.

Remember, Trin´s behind shot when landing looks good because of this. All that fuel was needed to make the pose all the more exciting. :p

<adl goes and keeps on thinking in women in pvc clothing>

# 44 23-05-2003 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber
LOL, hahahha. First off.. the Cell was an AWESOME movie and in my mind was ten times better than armageddon. Anyways, for the CG in the matrix, it was spectacular... when i go see a movie i dont try to see errors, therefore i dont usually see any. If your trying to notice bad CG then what are you there for? Other than that, its not like i complained about the intensive errors in the freeway scene.. listen to this and look for it next time you go. Trinity is in her car, whenever its filming the cadillac from the outside the door is unlocked, from the inside out, its locked (boo)... then when the agent rips the roof off the cadillac, there is no rooftop liner on the inside.. how's cadillac going to sell a car with a plain metal ceiling! (Boo), and get this, you can point out different agents in the agent smith fight, that dont look like an agent smith, and the hairstyle changes.. heheeh. Nah, i didnt notice any of these, but there all there!

BTW, did anyone notice that the new agent leader (the agent on the truck fighting morpheus) is the guy who filmed bloodsport 2 and 3.... hes quite skilled in real life.

One other thing thats on my mind.. in the agent smith scene someone keeps telling me it was plainly obvious that the whole thing was CG, but half the scenes looked like it was actually agent smith and neo fighting.. with stunt doubles with their heads away from the camera. So the question is.. i realise that neo swaps from 3d to real at time to time..but are you trying to say that all of the agents are CG?! I couldnt see that being possible user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 45 23-05-2003 , 03:39 PM
The Cell sucks! BIG time! user added image

LOL, I didn´t notice neither all the things you pointed out.
By the way, remember when we went through all those trailer shots? I thought I would start noticing all these fake cars running around ... I didn´t. Felt pretty real if you ask me. I had a couple behing and the woman screamed when one of the shots almost passed through one of the trucks. Whole theather laughed at the thing.

As per the Burly brawl, we should trully decode that whole scene. Hehehe, I´m sure what people thought was cg is actually real, and viceversa. user added image