Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-12-2006 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber

INFO ON PLUGINS

Ok, i wouldnt ask, as i dont know where to go, but i thought for this subject, this is as good place as any.

I really want to leanr how to create my own UI plugin. I know it must be a ton of work and learning involved and i am aware of that, but i really want advice on how.

Not necessarily a plugin

perhaps this can be created using a MEL, then added to my shelf.

Something like the image below but created by me.

OR, anywhere i can go to learn the basics of creating my own program, ...something simple (only example) as www.facegen.com

i downloaded Melanie from highend3d but no idea how to use it

thank u so so much in advance if ANYONE can help

Attached Thumbnails

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 2 20-12-2006 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber
not sure what you mean but if you are talking MEL script, then, for example if you downloaded the 'nuts and bolts' MEL from 'highend' you would copy that script into the /my documents/ maya/scripts

then you would open up maya (in that script there are 4 lines) you would copy or type the first line of the script into your command line (bottom of maya UI) and press enter and the window for that plugin will open and you go from there.

am not sure if this is what you mean, you probably know all this already.

umm?? (this is edit) just saw the image, obviously you do know the above, sorry.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 21-12-2006 , 02:57 AM
Subscriber
Haven't got VC++ express myself yet (it's free though), so I've not really looked at this article in depth yet, but here's a tute on building a "Hello Word" plugin.
Build Maya Plugins with VC++ Express

Also, here's the results of a google search that contains a few possibly helpfull links. You've probly already seen em, but if not, here 'tis: making plugins maya vc express

Simon

# 4 21-12-2006 , 02:57 AM
Subscriber
:eeek2:
Double posted. Sorry all.

Last edited by enhzflep; 21-12-2006 at 03:11 AM.
# 5 21-12-2006 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber

Re: INFO ON PLUGINS

Originally posted by mr pix.
Ok, i wouldnt ask, as i dont know where to go, but i thought for this subject, this is as good place as any.

i doubt this is the right place... how many people here develop plugins?
thissite is mainly for people starting out with 3d or switching from app to maya [not even]

you'd have better help on CGtalk, or cgcharacter they have dedicated sections for this kind of stuff.

# 6 22-12-2006 , 02:55 AM
Subscriber
Thanx guys. And enz thanx dude!

Yeah i guess it is in the wrong place. I just figured as its for noobs, then perhaps there may be someone somewhere who reads and can help.

I'l post somewhere else.

What i am trying to do, is like facegen, create a plugin or script
so it enables me to create different shaped characters (cartoony not realistic like face gen)

This sounds like an impossible and long task, but if it can be done, i'd like to learn how.

Il post in another section, but if by chance someone knows what im babbering on about and can help or put me in the right direction.,...please do

:bow:

# 7 22-12-2006 , 03:50 AM
I dont think that its uber dificult to do, you just need to break it down into sections of what you want.

There was a great head generator script that a guy on CG talk did, with very well commented code. I think it used a series of blend shapes.

If you PM me i'll send you the link for it, as i'll have to do a search.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 8 22-12-2006 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
cheers gster

:attn: