Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-03-2006 , 08:27 AM

Rendering for print (at 300dpi res)

Yello!!!

Hey, I have a problem, that I really need to solve as quick as possible. In Maya 7, I made a ball with Paint Effects grass grown all over it. Now, I have a problem with rendering at 300 dpi (I need it for Jumbo poster).

At ressolution 72dpi Maya does ok, but at 300dpi it oonly renders the ball anda the texture, but not the Grass pain effect. Why?

Could it be the wrong way of rendering (softw. render), or the comp is too weak (Nvidia Quadro, Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB ram), or anything else?

Does anyone have the slightest idea, what could I have done wrong?

Thanks for at least reading this user added image

# 2 21-03-2006 , 05:13 AM
maybe try to convert paint effects to polygons

# 3 21-03-2006 , 05:43 AM
couldn't it be possible to render at a higher resolution then shrink it down by popping the DPI up in Photoshop, PaintshopPro, or whatever your poison is?

So long as you have your ResolutionGate on -- you'll know exactly what'll be rendered.

I'll run a test tomorrow, its 1am here.

Edit: Never mind, I just needed photoshop, not Maya -- if you render at 4.17x the resolution both in width and length

Ex: 300x200 would be ~1240x830 (mental math)

Last edited by Phopojijo; 21-03-2006 at 05:47 AM.