Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-06-2006 , 11:47 AM

blend shapes

hello chaps!

i've modelled this fish a bit too enthusiastically at around 9000 polys and my problem is this;

i'm trying to use blend shapes in order to turn this fish from a baby fish into the fish in the pic.

from what i've been told i model the big fish first and then create a blend shape from the duplicate. by scaling the vertices i can make it smaller but i want to get rid of the pregnant belly and make it more baby like. now there's far to many vertices to do this by hand so i wondered if there's some kind of deformer or another method that may help?

thanks in advance

vin209

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-06-2006 , 12:38 PM
You could use a lattice to deform it or the artisan tools?

# 3 01-06-2006 , 05:37 PM
yeah- lattice or wrap deformer

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 01-06-2006 , 06:24 PM
lattice or wrap deformer, righto chaps. thanks for this one, wasn't sure what would work with the blend shape so this has saved me a bit of time.

top stuff

vin209

i'll post updates in WIP soon (mondayish) if you are interested