Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-11-2006 , 01:30 PM

Displacement map, 60 times

hello guys and girsls I'm new here And I first want to say, that I am glade that there is a maya forum with lots of response.
I am not sure if this is the right section for it.

I want to make 60 different opjects ( all simple polygon cubes, with some extra face) On one side of eacht object i place a texture ( a facade of a building) and with a displacment map I i give it the depth it needs ( windows, etc)
This works al quite fine for me but i have to setup an displacment shader ( + all the images and other nodes) for each of thos objects seperably. Is there a way to streamline this proces a little bit? By example: to copy all the nodes but only change the texture and displacment images?

Thanks for the help
here is a simple picture of one object:

# 2 22-11-2006 , 01:36 PM
here is the attachment:

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-11-2006 , 01:57 PM
have you tried a simple copy/paste (using ctrl+c for copy and ctrl+v for paste) of the original material in the top tab of the hypershade?

you can go into the new material and browse for a new displacement map and it doesn't effect the others.

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 22-11-2006 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
is displacement map and bump map the same thing??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 23-11-2006 , 05:21 AM
thanks neostrider, for the info. the good thing about maya is that every problem has a lot of solutions

a bumb map is something different than a displacment map