Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-04-2007 , 02:39 AM

have you ever had a stroke of genius?

man, i was modeling a car yesterday and i was having some difficulty cleaning up my mesh. i had been stuck for quite a while until suddenly, i made a breakthrough of ridiculous poportions.

now from the tutorials ive seen, there always seem to be tris left over in the tire area. the edge area right around the wheel bay for me always seems to be a little messy. well, i was cleaning it up and before i knew it, it was fixed. i almost fell like someone snuck in and ckeaned up my mesh during my breaks.

it felt so good that i decided to supersize my #4 at carl's jr. on my way home.

# 2 08-04-2007 , 05:56 AM
Senior Software Developer
No I never have thesestrokes of genuis, it would be kind of hard as I am already one user added image :attn: :p :lmao:

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 08-04-2007 , 08:16 AM

Originally posted by R@nSiD
No I never have thesestrokes of genuis, it would be kind of hard as I am already one user added image :attn: :p :lmao:

i genius that can't write or spell?

# 4 08-04-2007 , 09:06 AM
I nevre pslel nyahtnig wrnog ^_^

# 5 08-04-2007 , 10:23 AM
Senior Software Developer
I said I was a genius, not a spelling B champion.

God if I knew there was going to be a test I would have studied. :p

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 08-04-2007 , 06:14 PM
yea i can't guarantee that i spell everything right either... nor that i have fits of modeling genius...

but it may be because i've never been to a carl's jr. i've never even heard of it. but then again that may be because i've got a rally's. (aka checker's). best seasoned fries in town, and they also offer banana milkshakes. oh and REAL onion rings. real rings of onion coated in a beer batter and fried. for only $1.49. not sure how that transfers to euros or pounds, but DAMN they're good. and cheap! i can get like 4-6 orders of them and NOT be reminded that i'm a fat bastard that likes grease! user added image

oh wait this was a 3D question. from what i've read, it seems like you've had a visit from the 3D gnomes... occasionally they feel bad for those that can't model for crap and make changes so the mesh looks good. take pride in their work, because you can't go wrong after they've fixed your flawed model. you're straight shooting from here on out, AND you've got some good drive-thru food to prove for it!

(p.s. - if that's not the case, then you have taken note from whatever tutorial you've followed and have learned a valuable lesson. congratulations, and happy modeling! user added image)

edit: i'm going to hell because i decided tonight was a good night to drink myself into oblivion... sorry to those i've offended. (or am i? OMG ignore that hahaha)

Accept no substitutions.
# 7 09-04-2007 , 03:02 AM
well i sure as hell didnt learn anything because i tried to remember what i did and i couldnt figure it out. and if those 3d gnomes did pay me a visit then i owe them some words because they screwed up the rest of my model. i know i sure as hell couldnt have screwed it up this bad by myself.

and rally's does kick ass. rally's is sloppy fast food. and that's cool. the big buford and the $.99 chicken sammich kick ass. but watch out for their fries cuz they'll clog your arteries within minutes.