Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-02-2003 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber

Maya 4.5 Savvy

It has finally arrived!
I went through it roughly and the first thing that I noticed was the quality of paper and pictures. It looks really great and I'll probably be pissed at myself for accedently damaging the cover or something in a week.
I'll read some of it this evening and next morning, then I'll let you know what the texts are like. So far so good I'd say.
The color gallery in the middle isn't that great though. Nothing really special I mean.
The tutorials in it seemed nice, but I'll do some of them before I give my final judgement.
At the end there's also an interview with Jill Ramsay and Shai Hinitz.
I'll be back with an update on this.

# 2 28-02-2003 , 08:35 PM
I'm glad they've reduced the space devoted to interviews and increased the space devoted to talking about how to use Maya. Maybe it's just me, but reading people rambling on about the philosophy of CG doesn't really help me get my work done. user added image

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 3 01-03-2003 , 08:48 AM
Subscriber
here's a little update:
There's nothing in the book about 4.5 unlimited features like cloth, fur and live.
There is however a chapter about the fluid effects.
Then again, by the time you start thinking about those tools, you'll probably be very advanced and abled to learn most of it by yourself and tutorials.