Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-04-2003 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber

Jerky animation, from two many KEYs

Could someone who knows about animation, teach me a way to clean up this video? The problem comes from this:

I made the animation, then changed it like 4 times, so theres like a 30 key frames i'm not using, that make it all jerky!

You need Div like the SimplyTutorials
https://forums.simplymaya.com/attachm...=&postid=45995

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 2 14-04-2003 , 12:18 PM
Assuming you have tried deleting all the rogue keys there is also the graph editor (hotbox-window-animation-graph editor). This allows you to smooth out any glitches by modifying a graph curve. That might be what you're looking for.

# 3 14-04-2003 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
That graph editor is sweet, i either forgot about it B4 or was too intimidated. Thanks man. I'll will post a new animation with the new smoothing soon on my VFX WIP thread(link is in my sig)

Thanx again.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 4 15-04-2003 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber
or try the dope sheet, thats great for rearranging, deleting keys

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 15-04-2003 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
Interesting, is that all it can do is delete them?

# 6 15-04-2003 , 11:25 PM
Not just delete them. You can also copy/paste keys. Dope sheet is useful for adjusting the spacing of keys in the timeline without worry about about fcurves. Great for quickly blocking out an animation.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job