Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-07-2003 , 04:39 AM
Subscriber

Space doors

Here's something I modeled and animated while having some idle time. It's supposed to be one of those space bay door type things or perhaps could be a missle silo of some sort.

Anyways, I was trying to get something cool by having doors slowly open, revealing light from within the "silo" as they are opening up. The amber "warning" rotating lights were a challenge, but I figured them out. They don't light up until the doors are just about to open. This is the beginning of a larger room with many more spacy things. Will be adding dirty and scratchy metal textures to it in later renderings.

Just thought I'd share with you guys.

Attached Thumbnails

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
:: Dr. Emmett Brown
# 2 07-07-2003 , 01:45 PM
Simply Maya OG
Very cool! One thing tho. The white base type area, the white circular thing that meets the ground, its too edgy. If your using NURBS, increase the tesselation. If polys, smooth it out. But other than that, I like! user added image

- Hybrid