Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-10-2005 , 11:50 AM
Subscriber

Keeping faces/edges together

I tried posting a thread a few days ago on a problem I was having (those &#^%$ extra/hidden faces), but this may have been confusing to many, as no one answered.

I figured out more specifically what my problem is, and allow me to re-phrase it.

When I extrude faces or edges using Maya 6.5, the faces/edges won't stay together. In past versions, there was an option "keep faces together" which could be checked, allowing multiple faces to be extruded, &c. I cannot seem to find this option anywhere on Maya 6.5, and it's frustrating! For the record, I've tried looking this up, and have found nothing so far. I will, of course, continue to try and find the solution myself...

Again, if I'm missing something obvious, please let me know! And if not, this option seems well-hidden! If there's another post on this issue, can someone please let me know?

HELP!!! (should I stumble across the solution before anyone gets back to me, I'll post it here).

Thanks in advance!

Carry on...

"Ad astra per aspera..."

Last edited by Lt Jim; 10-10-2005 at 11:53 AM.
# 2 10-10-2005 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
NEVER MIND, I FOUND THE SOLUTION! :-)

The "Keep faces together" function was not where I thought it would be, but I did find it. NOW I am quite embarrassed! :-)

Thanks!

Carry on...

"Ad astra per aspera..."