Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-06-2010 , 05:50 PM

Edge ring and split

I have tried to make a rim following a tutorial , but I have stuck at 2:00. I can't make the loop. My result:
user added image

# 2 28-06-2010 , 11:12 PM
Lifetime Member
Mine does that too sometimes...I think (Im dont really know) that if you have hidden edges or verts it will 'pull' the edge loop to them..if you know what I mean.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 29-06-2010 , 08:52 AM
I don't have hidden edges, I have verified it

# 4 29-06-2010 , 11:19 AM
Yeah... You was right... thanks for the replay

" The Problem that you have is that there are always 2 faces on top of each other.... that's something what you can't really see.... and it's a little bit weird cause the vertex count is right. You can check that out if you select 1 face and delete it... you will see that even after deleting it there's still a face at that spot. That means you have twice as much faces in that scene as you should have.

Well, that might have happend when you duplicated that mesh... I guess you have duplicated it 1 time too much and accidentally combined 2 meshes that were on the exact same spot in that scene. But that's only a guess :-)

All I did was selecting your Object and then under "Mesh" ----> "cleanup" I checked the options as you can see on the screenshot I attached to this mail. What that did was it selected all the faces wich are "zero geometry"... all I did then was hit delete on the keyboard.... and that fixed your problem."