Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-10-2008 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber

indoor lighting large scene

I need help getting even lighting in my underground subway before I start texturing my scene. I still have a few more pieces to put on the wall but I am almost done modeling and I am trying to get the lighting done before I texture everything. I have used spotlights to light the scene as is, but there is not even lighting and shadowing like I want. What is the best light to get even lighting for a large scene. I tried a few other lights like the ambient but I am getting to much shadow. Here is a jpg of my scene.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-11-2008 , 07:51 AM
try an area light. they're scalable (and from what i recall in most cases they increase in intensity overall when you do) and they can provide you with some nice blurred raytraced shadows.

Accept no substitutions.