Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 28-05-2010 , 04:22 AM

Mental Ray Issues

Hi,

I've bee running into a mental ray render issue. I'm trying to render a living room i designed but the render is never completed. This shows up at the bottom of the screen:

Error. Fatal (mental ray): mental ray encountered a fatal erro. The system may have become unstable. Please save the scene and exit maya.

Any suggestions as to how this issue can be remedied would be very helpful!

Thanks

# 2 28-05-2010 , 06:49 AM
Hi there,

Open up the script editor to see more feedback. Ther eare many reasons for this error, possibly due to insufficient RAM on the system.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 02-06-2010 , 07:31 PM
Haya okey this is what i usually do to get around this issue.under your rendering sub menue go to the render dropdown menu and go to the batch render option.
Now be sure to uncheck you auto memory limit. and tipe in a reasonable amount of ram.
The reason mental ray crashes, is becuase people dont seem to realize the it is trying to take as much of the system resources to do the rendering.. always try to give your machine some room for a sestem swop file to run by its own.
Hope that help you out.Also rather render with the batch renderer. cuz its a non visual way of rendering so you give more room for mental ray to play around.

# 4 18-06-2010 , 04:57 AM