Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-07-2013 , 07:10 AM
Lifetime Member

Surfing with the Alien - Missing his Surfboard

Hi I'm working my way through the Surfing with the Alien tutorial by Jay (see my Work in Progress postuser added image) but I've run into a slight problem. In part twelve 21:38 Jay imports a scene file called surfboard.mb into his scene which has the image planes set up and ready. However I can't find them in the tutorial files and scenes that I've downloaded. Is this missing or am I just missing where it is? Thanks in advance.

# 2 08-07-2013 , 10:30 AM
SM Tea Boy
I'll check it out for you.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 08-07-2013 , 11:13 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks for that.user added image

# 4 08-07-2013 , 10:08 PM
Lifetime Member
Also interested in getting my hands on the checker-map that Jay uses when UVing the model. I had a shot at creating one myself but it just doesn't work as good.

# 5 08-07-2013 , 11:27 PM
SM Tea Boy
Still looking for the file i'll email Jay if i can't find it tomorrow on one of the servers. Sorry about the delay.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 08-07-2013 , 11:54 PM
EduSciVis-er
You can just google for UV checker texture, there's lots. Or you can use the one I made which is obviously the best (jk, kinda). I'd point you to it, but my site is down cause Mississauga is without power and everything is flooded.

# 7 09-07-2013 , 07:56 AM
Lifetime Member
You can get them from the net...anywhere really.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 09-07-2013 , 08:18 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks guys, had a look on the web and got one I liked within 30 seconds. Never thought to look for them there before!