Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-01-2009 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber

Where have all the good TV shows gone

In the same style as the topic of games - I want to know were has all the good shows gone. With the news of Prison Break now ending after this run as well as the end to Battlestar (But I`m glad this is a planned end not a get lost end), and the end is nigh for Lost - WHAT THE HELL IS LEFT TO WATCH.

Others shows I`m having to say buy too are Stargate Ant, The game, scrubs, two pints of larger and a packet of crisps (again - also its a uk only show i think) The wire

Lets just hope Jack Bauer and Sarah Conner will keep it going until they start some new shows that kick ass unlike Knight rider.

# 2 15-01-2009 , 08:31 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I like "The big bang theory" and "The I.T. crowd"
and top gear
and mock the week
and QI
and The secret lives of elephants
and Doctor who.......

Personally I think there are plenty of decent programs (in the UK)

# 3 15-01-2009 , 09:52 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah shame Prison break is over soon, but I thought Lost was in until the end of next year, so my other half tells me as shes a big fan of that show.

I enjoy Smallville too, but that ends at the end of this season too.

Battlestar is cool but I dont enjoy it as much as the original, its missing the cynical edge of Dirk Benedicts old character, Starbuck.

Be grateful though as Warners were going to make a Robin prequel series...yes Robin, Batmans mate. It was going to be called the Graysons of all things...but its been canned now anyway, so thats a relief! A Nightwing show would have been better I reckon.

Jay

# 4 15-01-2009 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
I watch nothing but discovery and discovery science, and the history channel... occasionally tv land or nick at night (depending what good older shows are on) and sometimes me and my girlfriend come across something that looks interesting, but I don't really watch tv all that much anyway so I couldn't tell you where all the good shows went

# 5 15-01-2009 , 10:55 PM
19 year Veteran
Hey, I miss the really old TV shows that don't get made anymore like Dukes of Hazzard, Fall Guy, The original Battle Star Galactica TV series, The HULK, Bonanza, MASH, WILD WILD WEST, ect.

Seems that All TV executives just want reality shows. The Sci-Fi channel only shows dark themed TV shows. Shure it's a step up from reality shows IMO, but common, get some variety out there. Why just dark themed shows?

# 6 15-01-2009 , 11:05 PM
Yeah what is wrong with the execs man? reality shows suck, I'd rather watch a fish swim in a bowl all day, far more relaxing and enjoyable.

J

# 7 15-01-2009 , 11:43 PM
The Nurb Herd
i like heroes, that starts up soonish i think...

# 8 16-01-2009 , 01:20 AM
Subscriber
Heroes is good, The office is also funny.
I usually watch repeats, scrubs, arrested development and other assorted junk.
Just search around and im sure somehting will come up.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 9 16-01-2009 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
I don`t want repeats - I want new fresh shows
(or the return of firefly - dumb asses for letting that one go)

I hate uk TV shows they are just blarrrrr.

Comedies show`s like Never mid the buzzcotts and Mock the week are ok but they dont tell me stories, which what I turn the TV on for. We need a new RED DWARF (not bring the show back - as I Know Danny John Jules (Cat) and I know that will never happen now, but something like that)

I mean what do we get these days - Dr Who (my god rubbish - even if it is made in my home town of Cardiff), Demons, Prime Evil and Merlin. Nooooooooooooo stop it now.

Shows like 24, Battlestar and The Stargate`s (Not sure about this new one) are so well done at times you forget that your not watching a film. But these shows are all dieing off and there is nothing replacing them

# 10 16-01-2009 , 09:10 AM
Yeah I forgot about Heroes, that really is good writing!

I never saw Firefly but if the Serenity movie is anything to go by then I think I'd be up for that one if they ever decide to do a new series.

And on the Joss Whedon side of things they should bring back Angel, that was always a better series than Buffy, especially with Charisma Carpenter prancing around, jeez i could watch her all day!

I did consider watching the new flash gordon Series but after the first couple I felt it didnt live up to the original republic serial versions like Flash Gordons Trip to mars or Conquers the Universe, so I no longer watch it.

Maybe we should have a Simply Maya Tv show like they have these gadget shows and stuff....

Jay

# 11 16-01-2009 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tweetytunes
We need a new RED DWARF (not bring the show back - as I Know Danny John Jules (Cat) and I know that will never happen now, but something like that)

That has just crushed a fantasy i have had for many a year now!
Didnt they just do a new 1 hour special to finish up the series or soemthing?

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 12 16-01-2009 , 04:49 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Regarding Red Dwarf:
4 new special shows will air on dave this year (not all 4 are new episodes, i know one is a making of and another is a clip show "with a difference")

You know Danny John Jules!!!!

# 13 16-01-2009 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
Yeah I forgot about Heroes, that really is good writing!

Maybe we should have a Simply Maya Tv show like they have these gadget shows and stuff....

Jay

how can you forget the awesomeness of heros??? :p
SUPER HIRO!!!!

yeah... that's the only thing i watch on tv... and the news, but not on purpose, it just happens to be on at the time when i'm around

Simply Maya TV with your host Jay and Izzy! featuring special guests every week!

there are way too many reality and competition shows... i just saw an add for New Zealand's next top model......
everything is all scripted anyway "oi you, make a fight with that girl there, and say 'i'm not here to make friends, i'm here to win'" a shame no one on any of those top model shows are actually pretty

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 17-01-2009 , 09:47 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by elephantinc
Regarding Red Dwarf:
4 new special shows will air on dave this year (not all 4 are new episodes, i know one is a making of and another is a clip show "with a difference")

You know Danny John Jules!!!!

yer the guy I made the music video for is a friends with him - and Danny might become his manager - and over the last year gotten to know him quite well. The last he told me was that he has no intention of ever becoming cat again.

the video I made can be found here (it stars danny by the way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzDZmyKXzUg

# 15 19-01-2009 , 04:18 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
I like stuff like big shots vanished and the black donelly's unfortunately they were all cancelled I think well that's why I love the frickin barclays premier league finally man-u is on top