Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-06-2005 , 12:54 AM

Oh my aching head

This is going to tax all but the best of you, so beware.

Since mayabatch does not support the vector renderer and running the vectorize command from the command line is annoying, I decided to try and write a script to launch vector renders. Most of the script is just extracting the render global settings and converting it to info the vectorize command can understand.

Where it fails is when I try and run the vectorize command, it always trucates my command at 128 characters. I cannot run this with so few.

Anyone who can figure this out will be my new hero for the week. Of course you're all be welcome to keep a copy for yourselves.

:headbang:

While you're in there, if anyone get's it working could you look and see how to get the camera from the Popup menu into the vectorize command?

Thanks to any superstars who can help me.

-dann

Attached Files
File Type: mel vectorbatch.mel (8.5 KB, 122 views)
# 2 13-06-2005 , 04:43 PM
OK, since I seem to have stumped you all so far, I thought I'd try another approach where I moved the vector command into it's own procedure.

The problem I've having now is that even thoguh I've defined my variables as being global, I get errors that they are not defined. How does one define a global variable? The docs say just add the word global, but clearly there must be more to it than that since I did that and it didn't work.

Attached Files
File Type: mel vectorbatch_global.mel (9.1 KB, 121 views)
# 3 13-06-2005 , 09:51 PM
OK, at this point I guess I'm just talking to myself.

Anyways dann, what you need to do id get the syntax right. For the most part, I got everything working for you. However I cannot get the script to read the camera selected in the popup menu and the output directory. I know you want that info in your vectorize command, but I'm not sure how to do it. Maybe someone else here can help you.

user added image

Attached Files
File Type: mel vectorbatch.mel (9.3 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by Dann; 13-06-2005 at 11:25 PM.
# 4 13-06-2005 , 10:50 PM
Subscriber
im not much of a mel guy dann.
try asking dann, he might know. user added image