Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-12-2004 , 08:02 AM

UVMapping LP Characters

Im having problem texturing a low poly model .
When i reach the arm area im using auto mapping and move/sew the edges together and i got this ugly line in the middle , cheack it out ....
any1 knows how can i fix it ?

user added image

user added image

# 2 02-01-2005 , 08:24 PM
Maybe you need to adjust the texture by moving it or streaching it a bit, I don't know how you'd do this in maya but take a look through the texture panels for.

number next to U, W, and rotate? U and W will move the texture up/down elft/right, I'm guessing you'll need to rotate the texure.

You should try a proper texture though as the one your using has squares and is proabbly showing up the problem big time another texture might not do that?

# 3 02-01-2005 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
thats youe UV seam.
thats normal.
and ull have a lot more since ur auto mapping

# 4 02-01-2005 , 10:36 PM
ive tried to rotate them and its just got even more messy ,
Is there a way to uv map it without automap ?
ive tried cylinderical map but for some reason it doesnt work on the arm , works fine on the torso . probably somthing with the options of the cylinderical texturing tool

# 5 03-01-2005 , 05:13 AM
Try moving the green points on the side they are probably overlaping or not right at least.

The other way is to do it by hand bit it'd only be the same sort of thing as moving the points around.

# 6 03-01-2005 , 02:07 PM
The Maya Mountain
You'll need to move points on an individual basis as opposed to the entire shell.