Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-12-2002 , 07:10 AM

WIP: Head test C & C

Hello there again!
I'd like some c&c on this head...what is the first thing u notice that looks wrong???
/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 2 03-12-2002 , 08:23 AM
Subscriber
Looks really great! People are very different and not like the canon that I have memorized, but here's some thoughts.

EDIT:
The white line on the right-most side is NOT meant to be the curvature of the skull, but the skull closer to the eye/above the eye.

# 3 03-12-2002 , 08:38 AM
undseth: A big thanx for thoose tips!! I'll get right on it!!! user added image

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 4 03-12-2002 , 08:48 AM
Subscriber
I wish I get as far as this if I ever start on a character! user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 5 03-12-2002 , 02:53 PM
The only real thing that bothers me is the front of the neck area. Other than that just work on what undseth suggested.

great work keep it up=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 03-12-2002 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
Maybe the adams apple should be more clear/protruding there.

Holy Mother of whatever! You made that viggen movie, it is GREAT!!! It almost gave me goosebumps.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!

Last edited by undseth; 03-12-2002 at 03:38 PM.
# 7 03-12-2002 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
good job, just raise the canal in the ear up off the lobe and the ear will look more realistic. Good detail.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 8 03-12-2002 , 10:54 PM

Re: WIP: Head test C & C

Originally posted by Sir-Avalon
what is the first thing u notice that looks wrong???
/Chris

The first thing I noticed wrong was that it was only half a head:p!

J/k. It looks great. I too think the neck needs to be fixed. It maybe me, but I think the gap between the 2 eyebrows seem to protrude to far out.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 9 04-12-2002 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber

things to ponder - or answer - or ponder and answer

looks really nice - noticed that the ear flap seems to join with the back of the ear instead of cover a hole but that's a pretty petty detail for such a nice head.

Question - how did you get that nice line around the lips? Did you join two NURBS surfaces? Is it a SubD model? Polygon? I'm looking for ideas to improve my own head models. user added image

Thing I find most important is that the face is appealing - even a villain must be fun to watch - this face is definitely facinating. What kind of a character is he? What does he do? Where does he live?

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 10 04-12-2002 , 06:59 AM
Thanx everyone!
I reshaped the hole head yesterday...I'll try and post an update later today...I noticed there were some other things that needed to be fixed as I mirrord the head...well you always learn new stuff every day...that's why it's so fun...even though you sometimes feel sick of staring at it so much!! user added image

Model facts: I use a polygon cage and an instance of it which i've converted to Sub-D...

Don't pay any attention to the shape of the model on this image...it's not finished yet... As I said, i'll try and post an update later today!

# 11 04-12-2002 , 09:38 PM
Ok, so here's an update...I don't know about the skull, maybe it gonna be a bit bigger over the ears??? Tell me what u think!!
I haven't done so much about the muscles around the neck yet... First it was more like a man, and now it's turning into a woman! Hopefully! user added image
/Chris

# 12 05-12-2002 , 12:49 AM
Looking better, still need to push back the part of the neck where the chin is. Looking good!!!!

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 13 05-12-2002 , 05:42 AM
Subscriber
That mouth looks really great. I always have such a hard time on the mouth! Argh. I think maybe though, the eyes are alittle large...

Undseth: What a great avatar. rofl.

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 14 05-12-2002 , 12:22 PM
Supreme Being
nice work Sir-Avalon.. :p
just tweak the part of the neck kurt mentioned.. user added image

# 15 09-12-2002 , 12:46 PM

Pheww....

Ok, so i've rebuilt the hole head....It was not that fun, but u learn new thing on the way!!
Just to post an update!! Tell me what u think!! user added image
/Chris