Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-09-2009 , 11:53 AM

Gnomon

Hi!

I am now at animation but I found out that it is rather boring doing it with a book. So I decided to buy a good video tutorial about animation. Are the gnomon workshop tutorials good for beginners? It seems they are a bit advanced.

Greets, Kimsay

# 2 12-09-2009 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber
Am not sure about the animation DVDs but I would presume they are not as advanced as the techy based ones like particles and scripting, so gnomon would probably be a good bet.

There are also some animation ones on this site you could take a look at.

Chris

# 3 12-09-2009 , 12:06 PM

# 4 12-09-2009 , 07:49 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
It's only animation.

I would however not start as a beginner with Gnomon, they cater to farely experienced users and sometimes they forget to mention stuff or add a particular scene file .
And if you don't know how to animate johnkirschenbaums dvd's have a very high learningcurve.
The guy is what i saw from the dvd's a great animator, but because of his excellence he sometimes assumes you know stuff so the greatest animators don't always make the greatest teachers.

I don't know what the saying exactly was, but it was something like ;
those who can't do it , teach.

I have seen some briljant editors and animators who make briljant work, but if you put them in front of a classroom they don't know how to transfer the briliance .......sad irony user added image

# 5 13-09-2009 , 12:29 AM
that is what I was afraid of mastone user added image I think I will start of with the simplymaya tutorials. I think the 6 in 1 Pack of this boxing somewhat isn't bad at all, isn't it?

But it doesn't cover the trax editor. Sometimes I feel, that some elementary stuff is not been told.

Greets, kimsay

# 6 13-09-2009 , 01:33 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by mastone

I don't know what the saying exactly was, but it was something like ;
those who can't do it , teach.

I have seen some briljant editors and animators who make briljant work, but if you put them in front of a classroom they don't know how to transfer the briliance .......sad irony user added image

I think it goes: "Those who can't, teach. Those who can, do.

Sad but true.

And yeah, the Gnomon DVD's are advanced, but i wouldn't spend my money on anything other than tbh..... When you see the what level these people are at... you don't care if they don't describe all the details... you can probably fill in the blanks with Google, or a forum... but it's the technique, and how they use the different tools that makes them great.

But, that's just my opinion.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"