Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-11-2009 , 10:54 PM

Maya toon outline rendering problems.

hey all, basically ive added a toon outline to an object. in the view port it looks fine, but when rendering there is no outline. (only if i render in maya software does the outline appear)

im using maya 8.5 with serv pack 2.

Thanks.

# 2 04-11-2009 , 04:16 PM
You have to render with maya software as mental ray will not render strokes. You can select the stroke and then goto modify and convert pfx to polys should work. Another option to render with mental ray is to enable contour rendering you can then adjust the shader so it puts an outline around the object. If you use the link to my website there is some akira stuffs using this technique. I can give you a rough idea of the workflow for this if you need it.

Hope this helps,

Leon