Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-09-2010 , 10:11 AM

recent work with dynamics

# 2 03-09-2010 , 12:13 PM
The thin red line
Nice work but I think you have posted in the wrong area, ask one of the mods to move it to Finished work..............dave

# 3 03-09-2010 , 06:52 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Maresh

I have watched all four of them:

Volcano:
To viscous it looks like some underwater scene

Glass shatter:
Doesn't look realistic if you shoot through glass with nothing behind it it doesn't start floating through the air. either there is only a hole, or if it falls it just falls down maybe with a small curve because of the force of the bullit

Carrom: Just didn't get it tbh

Pool:
Strange distracting camera moves which doesn't suit a poolgame and (dynamic)friction is higher so the balls should not keep rotating that long ( especially not along there axes without moving in a particular direction)

If I had to choose I would pick the pool version as a winner because it looked fairly nice.

Just keep working on it it will get better, oh and try studying nature( eruptions) , Pool games, shatter effects so you have a clear grasp on where to get

# 4 04-09-2010 , 10:12 AM
Thanks Dave. Sorry for the goof up. But how do i contact the moderators to do the changes. I will be careful next time.

@Mastone: Thanks for watching all the videos and for your crits. I appreciate it.

Volcano- Was my first attempt in dynamics, and i guess it will be a daunting task to create a real looking one. Am still a novice. I will definitely give it a try when i am more comfortable with the tools and settings.

Shatter: I know that the glass will not react to a bullet strike the way i have shown. It will look better with an explosion scene. The gun was just used as a prop to create a dramatic scene. I dont know how to create an explosion.
user added image

Carrom: Its a household game in south east asian countries. Very similar to pool.

Pool: For the camera mess i too felt it. I will change it later.

Thanks again

Cheers
Mahesh

# 5 04-09-2010 , 10:26 AM
The thin red line
Hi maheshsubbiah
For a pre made explostion look in the visor you can use as they are or just learn from them, I do both...........dave

# 6 05-09-2010 , 01:58 AM
Super Moderator
The volcano was really slow. The playblast would have given you a preview so you can work on the timing.:bandit:

- Genny
# 7 05-09-2010 , 04:44 AM
@Dave: I was of the impression that visor was just for paint effects. Didn't knew about this explosion animation inside. Thanks for the info dave.

@GecT: You are right. I will use it to check next time before i render. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Mahesh