Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 301 25-06-2003 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber
I hear ya about proctastinting the texturing brian!! These things can be a bit intimidating in that respect. Those chains look cool, but i think the treads look more.............extreme? Did you say that you didn't model the "drive train" today, or even this month? It would have to be during the comp, just makin sure. The tires do look great tho! If you keep them, make them reminiscent of monster truck size/feel.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 25-06-2003 at 07:36 PM.
# 302 25-06-2003 , 07:43 PM
No No, I said that I DID model them today, I based them off of my Jeep Design... But, they were modeled today, just didn't come up with the concept today. Thanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 303 25-06-2003 , 08:33 PM
Oh My God!!!!!!!! That is Priceless. I have not looked at this forum for only one week and your model has evolved into something unimagineable. Keep it up brian.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 304 25-06-2003 , 08:58 PM
damn you your too good, loving it brian

FX supervisor - double negative
# 305 25-06-2003 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
damn... those are some mean looking tires dude!

I think the treads look more extreme tho'- just my opinion user added image both are cool.

# 306 26-06-2003 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber
LOL guess i'm dumb MY B, but i stand by my C&C regardless.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 307 26-06-2003 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber
so... when can we d/l your "modeling a jeep" video tutorial here? user added image
That would definately be worth my VIP points user added image

this is coming together really good! no C&C here user added image

whatever!
# 308 26-06-2003 , 08:27 AM
AMEN to that!!

FX supervisor - double negative
# 309 26-06-2003 , 09:40 PM
Well I can't hold back any longer... I have to pipe in on this one. I have to say, it is one of the most complete aproaches to one of these challanges I have ever seen. Usually we get to see some really nice models, that are just shells, no interiors, etc... But you are modeling it down to the drive train. VERY GOOD WORK mate. I am finding it very difficult to pick one set of tires over the other, or for that matter, pick one set of drive systems. All I can say is I wish I had your creative ability, and would trade you my sister for the chance to sit down and just watch you work.

ChiTao

# 310 27-06-2003 , 05:42 AM
Subscriber
Well said, i can't top that..........

# 311 27-06-2003 , 07:38 AM
Damn Brian.. u make me want to go find another career. :p

btw.. did u get my email about the suspension on your Jurassic Jeep?

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 312 27-06-2003 , 08:31 AM
Hey dave! Hows it goin? Yep, got your email. I will probably email you later on today, its 3 in the morning and here i am working on Maya stuff user added image Thanks for the reply.

ChiTao,

Thanks alot for the kind words! Such nice people... user added image got two more days left, so I am taking a small break and working on a very detailed Lego moto. Thanks again,

Brian E

Please check
My (old) website!
# 313 27-06-2003 , 01:31 PM
id go with the threads even tho the tiers are very sweet (maybe thats not the right word to describe 'em user added image)

the only thing that might bug me a little bit with the tiers are that the chains are a bit to solid mabye..
but they look very good still :O

sleep is for lam3rs
# 314 27-06-2003 , 01:56 PM
hmm.. I am going to stick with the treads. I woul love to ad more details to the thread because I agree about the design being to simple/solid but I just don't have the computing power to handle much more geometry. Well almost done with it, I should have an update tonight or tomorrow. THanks!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 27-06-2003 at 02:23 PM.
# 315 27-06-2003 , 02:21 PM
i didnt mean the threads when i said that there where to solid user added image but maybe that wanst aimed at me..

but brian arent you cmd line rendering? the maya ui does take up a lot of memory all by it self.

but of course you are rendering from the cmd line.. user added image

sleep is for lam3rs