Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 12-06-2003 , 09:04 AM
Subscriber
i think there isn t any best way to model a car. Do you prefer polys/subD/curves ? that is the question ! user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 17 12-06-2003 , 09:11 AM
my personal ...........and thats all it is "personal" choice is nurbs but that mainly cos it's the only way so far i have tried to make a car
tried it liked it stuck with it user added image

but as Cyrius says it's really down to your personal choice there is no best way only what you are comfy working with and only way to find out is to try them all till your happy user added image

# 18 12-06-2003 , 09:56 AM

I wouldn't call him psycho unless he uses a green shader

user added image

user added image user added image user added image user added image

# 19 12-06-2003 , 12:32 PM
danunzio12 wouldn't know were to start doing a tut user added image cos i a thicky psycho user added image user added image user added image

todays little update slowly working my way through the thing user added image

user added image

# 20 12-06-2003 , 09:50 PM
How did you make the shader for the car? Cuz i want a shader like that (in the blue or green) for my crx project

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 21 13-06-2003 , 12:14 AM
Lifetime Member
that's it , I'm completely convinced on the psycho part ,
but don't worry, I won't tell our mutual friends user added image

snowboarder , I might be wrong as I'm a complete noob but I would think this just a Phong or PhongE shader coloured

# 22 13-06-2003 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
this is gonna be photoreal i can tell...

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 23 13-06-2003 , 05:10 AM
shader is one i got from somewere a while back just played around with a bit it's a layered shader phong for the col and a blinn for the gloss
user added image

# 24 13-06-2003 , 06:20 AM
could you possibly give that to me? or upload it at SM. PM me if you just wanna directly send it to me - or instant message on AIM at SnowboarderCF

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 25 13-06-2003 , 12:56 PM
Gforce, it looks phenomenal!

How do you handle the thickness of the model? Are the edges curved in to give the illusion of thickness in the "plates" or do you model the backside of each "plate"? Does that make sense?

Also you have some beautiful curves that can transform into sharp edges. How do you do this with nurbs? Do you create your seam there and have a separate nurbs surface or do you clump CVs? Looking at the suspension I can't figure it out.

Do you know how many nurbs surfaces you have there?

# 26 15-06-2003 , 09:12 AM
Forum_snowboarder33 yup ya can have the shader will drop ya a PM for your email and i'll send it to ya

contrast as for thickness ot all depends on were it is eg back of front wing is panel bent round to give it thickness but at the arch and seam at the bumper that is a circular fillet and trim

Also you have some beautiful curves that can transform into sharp edges

??not sure exactly what you mean here

and as for how many patches .............errrrrrrrr NO not a clue but there are a lot :bgreen:

# 27 15-06-2003 , 09:36 AM
to give an idea as to how many patches here is one of the suspension arms split up user added image

user added image

# 28 17-06-2003 , 05:53 PM
holly crap this is some of the best looking modeling i have seen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great work
i bow down to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can i ask you to post that shader up somewere please as i would love it aswell im trying to model a mini !!! (trying)

relax your mind
# 29 17-06-2003 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber
Gforce he's right you know, this is TRULY amazing work, how do you have enough time on you're hand to model EVERY SINGLE PART!?!? You really HAVE to find an Xray shader and render it out, so we can see all the parts (when you're done). I say a kid do this with a gun he made. It was a cool gun, and there were a couple of pics, and the last one was a transparent blueish, and you could see he modeled all the innards of the gun!!! I was quite a plesent surprise!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 30 18-06-2003 , 07:50 PM
Any tips on how to start with nurbs modeling of a car? Also you must have a ton of time or you are just that damn good :-)