Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-03-2008 , 12:27 AM

mel for MR render?

so i'm new to using MEL but i've read alot of ppl saying to use mel to render with MR so maya isn't really running and MR can use the freed resources. i'm not sure if i really understood or regurgitated that correctly but if i did i definitely would like to find out how. can anyone tell me if this is doable or point me in the right direction at least, thanks in advance

# 2 09-03-2008 , 01:41 AM
Its called command line rendering.

You can either call a file corm the command line so that nothings open and render it form there with the files render settings, if you open a command shell and type render -h you get all the info and the overide flags that you can set.

You can also write the instrustiuons in a notepad file save it as a .bat and then double click to set it off.

OR

The real lazy way is to set up the render settings in the file MR, FG, GI all that save it, locate the file, right click and click render. A command window should open any you can see the progress of the render

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 09-03-2008 , 12:39 PM
hey thanks that's awsome