Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-09-2004 , 04:09 PM

Female Character im Working on

hey

I have been modelling this female character for quite some time now, and i want to add her lots of detail, with things like hair and eyelashes, here's my current progress so far.

Cheers

PS. Sorry about the large image size but from where im uploading it, there are no image editing programs, (that sucks)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-09-2004 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
are you sure your done with the modeling part in first place ? If you would use reference than you will be able to get a better result in the geometry!!
if you're able to post a sideview than it will be clear what I want to say about the proportions....(mouth=too straight, ears=too backwards, nose=sides are to flat) but ones again....would comment better if I saw a sideview...

further more...nice job! take your time....the more you tweak the better....(atleast...that's in my case) user added image

# 3 15-09-2004 , 07:54 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Its a good attempt, but I really really think you need reference to take it to the next level, then it will become proportionate because at the moment its a bit off. This may sound a bit harsh but my first reaction to it was that it reminded me of a burns victim, it looks a bit featureless.

Dont get upset by my crit dude, as thats all it is, but take my advice and Ransicks and do get some reference as you'll find it will do you a favour.

_J

# 4 16-09-2004 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber
Its comeing along nice from when I last sean it. Your working on getting the reference pic's I know. Renders looking good. See your doing good, next level is being talked about. Now some smaller renders and difrent angles hear would be cool, along with refrence you deside on. Thin you can get really down to the cool stuf with this.