Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-01-2006 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber

Help switching from sub to poly

I am editing my verticies in subdivision but im over the Max poly count so when I convert sub back to poly, I have to enter the max number just so it can convert. Now when I switch back from poly to sub, im losing all of the details i originally did in sub. Can anyone help me with this problem????

# 2 04-01-2006 , 12:12 AM
you have to do all your tweaking at zero level on your subD version. all higher level tweakingand operation like Partial/Full Crease or will not be transfered back to polygon, exept you choose a higher tessellation level. but as your "convert to" options are probably set to Control Points there will be nothing transfered but the zero vertex level of your geometry.

kind regards!

# 3 04-01-2006 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber
Thank you very much. I figured thats what was wrong with it but I wasnt certain.