Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 19-05-2003 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, i know the tower looks straight : that's just one textured cube...i should add jagginess to the mesh...anyway thanks for the critic...sure you won't be a noobie for long

Today man, tomorrow bird...i already have the plumage
# 32 20-05-2003 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
What if i want to render in b&w ? is there a post-process to do that ?

# 33 20-05-2003 , 03:57 PM
yeah use photoshop!! user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 34 20-05-2003 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
No other way ?

# 35 20-05-2003 , 05:25 PM
well that would be the easiest, do you have any paint packages? cause I mean you could sit there and make shaders/textures that are black and white and that would do it. But it would take ages. It's a 2 second jobn in photoshop. you can batch process it if you had an animation.

What software do you have available to you?

IMDB
# 36 20-05-2003 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
I have photoshop.

Yeah, you guessed right : i want to apply B & W to the whole animation .

Can you explain the batch process ?

# 37 20-05-2003 , 05:52 PM
you need to record an "action" so you record yourself doing the process to one image and then you tell photoshop to do the exact same thing to a whole bunch of images:

I've just noticed that there is already an action in photoshop to do this: it's called "Sepia Toning (Layer)". Look in the "actions" tab it's the same one as the history. Open the littlke folder called default actions and find the action. Then hit the little play button at the bottom of the pane. You should get a few prompts for you to edit settings.

You should see something like the pic below. Is that what you are looking for?

You then go to file>>automate>>batch... select your options such as folders etc to work on and then hit the button to run it. You should see your pics coming up one by one and getting changed.

Ps. you must remember to hit the stop recording button once you're done with all of the things you want to happen or you could end upo with some messy results.

PPS. Run the batch on a COPY of your original files, until you know what you're doing, cause it's not undoable really

Attached Thumbnails

IMDB