Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-03-2005 , 11:09 AM

Couple of Posters

Thought I'd show these here too. This was a commercial gig. Had to do two A1 sized posters in a terrible rush for an exhibition starting on next sunday in London.

This first one is a full CG image except the background. I had lots of trouble rendering it in about 5000 x 3500 resolution with all the raytracing, caustics, finalgather, physical lights etc. Had to do it in 70 smaller sub-renders. Here's a small copy of it (20% of the original size):

https://www.saunalahti.fi/~karbrow/fwgPosterSmall.jpg

This second one was a bit easier. All the elements are done by someone else except the texts. A tricky thing in this was that the woman to the right originally had a totally different looking bottle in her hand. I had to replace it with a CG one, which required hand-painting half of her face and parts of her hand.

https://www.saunalahti.fi/~karbrow/fw...osterSmall.jpg

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 2 10-03-2005 , 12:36 PM
Forgot to mention that the panorama photo in the second one is taken by me. Same which I used in my F/A-18 animation user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 3 10-03-2005 , 02:27 PM
Looks Nice!

You have a typo in the Polar sport ad though....

"the human body consists of 50% and muscle tissue 70% water"?

Nice work though I really like the other ad.

D.

# 4 10-03-2005 , 03:51 PM
Subscriber
Nicely done K-Man! :tup:

How long did the first one take to render? My first guess would be "Time. Lots of it!" user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 10-03-2005 , 04:56 PM
Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Dragon3D
Looks Nice!

You have a typo in the Polar sport ad though....

"the human body consists of 50% and muscle tissue 70% water"?

Nice work though I really like the other ad.

D.

Ooops, well... it was approved by the customer so... too late to change it anymore since they're already printed...

Originally posted by blomkaal
Nicely done K-Man! :tup:

How long did the first one take to render? My first guess would be "Time. Lots of it!" user added image

About 11 hours with two computers.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 6 11-03-2005 , 12:07 AM
I like the first one but second is lik you have to make the poster in 20 mins and that you have searched your computer for some sport fotos, compose them in photoshop or something, type the text and thats it! But work on that woman and bottle is wery nice! Composition is buging me in second one!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too