Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-09-2002 , 01:28 PM

filling a hole in a nurbs model

I have a cylinder. Bit as you all know the top and botom of the cylinder are open ! so how do I close/fill these. If you are working with poly there is the fill hole option, does Nurbs has one also if so where is it because I can't find it !

# 2 13-09-2002 , 02:44 PM
Supreme Being
in the Create > NURBS Primitives > Cylinder > Options..
is a options Caps.. by default that is set to None, you can change that to Bottom, Top, or Both..
the pic below explains better.. user added image

# 3 13-09-2002 , 02:53 PM
Supreme Being
& you can always make the cylinder in default settings without any caps and add then yourself by selecting the one of the far side isoparms and going to Surfaces > Planar
user added image

# 4 13-09-2002 , 04:27 PM
The Maya Mountain
be forwarned, however, that the caps option and the planar surface tool, both use trimmed surfaces... these are not very good for attaching or animating in most situations. The best way, imho, is the use of the hulls to create the cap.

This is done, by inserting an isoparm right near the lip of the cyl, scaling in the last hull until it is practically invisible, and then adjusting the hulls to get the sharpness in the corner. Depending on how sharp you want it, you may need to insert more isoparms to sharpen the corner out.

If you don't plan on attaching or animating the trimmed surface too much, though, you can use that.

I have an image demonstrating this in this thread: https://www.simplymaya.co.uk/forums/s...p?threadid=817

# 5 14-09-2002 , 03:18 PM
I can't believe it was that easy, I am really ashamed !

# 6 18-09-2002 , 07:52 AM

to protheus

dude...ure ashamed !!! nyyaaahh not here you dont user added image
b

# 7 18-09-2002 , 07:55 AM

Re: to protheus

Originally posted by boomji
dude...ure ashamed !!! nyyaaahh not here you dont user added image
b

The crazy Venezuelan designer agrees .. no shame here .. :banana:

# 8 18-09-2002 , 09:35 AM
well thank you ... user added image

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk