Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-09-2011 , 04:06 AM

License was not obtained issue

Hey guys, so I installed Maya 2012 and whenever I open it, i get an error message (below is a screenshot) and it will not allow me to open up the damn program and this is absolutely ridiculous and I need to be able to RUN maya... anyone know about this?

Attached Images
# 2 01-09-2011 , 05:12 PM
I googled a whole day for this same problem, reinstalled twice, cleaned registeries without success.. but finally found a solution!

Do the following:
1. Press windows button + r to star Run and type 'services.msc'.
2. Click the 'Standard' tab on the bottom.
3. Find 'FLEXnet Licensing.. blaa' and right click for 'Stop'.
4. Right click again for properties and set 'Startup type' to 'Automatic' and press 'Start' below.
5. Apply and you are done!

Hopefully this works. Good luck!

# 3 01-09-2011 , 11:12 PM
no, it didnt. flexnet wasnt even started. i went to properties and changed it to automatic and pressed start but i still got the error

# 4 02-09-2011 , 05:17 AM
Technical Director
This might sound like a silly question, but are you using a legitimate-non-trial version of Maya? When you licensed it, where you connected through Wifi or through ethernet? I ask because your license is tied to that device's MAC address.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 06-09-2011 , 03:54 AM
I really don't know if this will help, but I had problems putting in my serial code a few times and it kept saying it wouldn't work, but turns out my browsers weren't accepting cookies so it couldn't verify my program. After I disabled everything the program ran.

# 6 09-09-2011 , 12:53 AM
EduSciVis-er
I just got the same problem, and it seems that the problem was that I already had 2009 installed (trying to install 2012) so the env_var was pointing to the wrong location (2009 instead of 2012). Don't know if that helps you, but I found the thread here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Instal...ht/true/page/2

# 7 26-09-2011 , 06:11 AM
ok im REALLY starting to get tired of this shit. ive tried reinstalling multiple times, ive only ever had version 2012 on here so its not the problem of it being a wrong location for the env_var. ive tried goin to my control panel and system setting and makin a new environment variable for the location, but nothing seems to be working. what the hell. will i never be able to use Maya again on this computer? this is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievably frustrating.

EDIT:

Well guys, after long hours of editing half my computer away and google searching in the darkest corners of the internet, Ive finally found a working solution for my problem. It existed under the C\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder where I had to delete the .data file and the backup data file. Apparently they were corrupted. So, for anyone who has this error, try many solutions, because this one might and might not work for you. As ive seen, different solutions work for different people. BUT give this one a try! Because it is the only one that worked for me. user added image

Last edited by pyathus; 26-09-2011 at 06:57 AM.
# 8 26-09-2011 , 01:55 PM
Technical Director
Ahhh, that old trick. Sorry, I just remembered about that; I had to do it once. Glad you figured it out!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 22-10-2011 , 05:57 PM
Lifetime Member
I know this post thread is a little old but I though I would just mention this. Last night I was trying to get a Minecraft server setup and for one reason or another I ended up going into msconfig and disabling most of my startup services. Then of course today I was getting this error when I tried to open Maya.

License was not obtained.....

FlexNet is a required service for license verification and has to be running in order to launch Maya. The quick fix without a restart was as suggested above going to

Start->Services

Then scroll down until you find FlexNet and double click. Set it to automatic then close that window then reopen FlexNet service and the start button should now be available. Press Start and viola Maya runs.

Don't forget to check mconfig just to verify that FlexNet is set to startup with the computer to avoid this problem.

FYI if you have a 64bit you might have two FlexNet I have them both enabled though I'm not sure if they are both required. Or perhaps one of them is for Maya and the other for Photoshop I think both companies use FlexNet Licensing Services.

- Jake
# 10 15-09-2012 , 08:40 PM
if ur useing xp delete disfiles
C: \Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data \ FLEXnet \ adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C: \Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data \ FLEXnet \ adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

# 11 01-08-2013 , 06:37 AM
find the “license.env” file in the bin directory of maya 2014. (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\Bin)

open that file with a text editor.

delete everything in the file (all the text) and replace with

MAYA_LICENSE=657F1
MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=standalone

your license.env file should contain only these two lines of text, nothing else. Save and then launch the app.

Enjoy user added image

# 12 19-09-2014 , 12:44 AM
Worked for me thanks!!!

# 13 19-07-2015 , 06:27 AM
holy moly it worked, thank you so much, lifesaver!!!

# 14 02-09-2015 , 05:51 PM
Thanks bud, worked like a charm